University of Cincinnati
School of Computing Sciences and Informatics
2013 Summer Camp in Computer Science
for High School Students
- Registration for the 2013 CS Summer Camp CLOSED on May 8th, 2013.
- Registrants will be notified no later than May 15 if their registration is complete.
- Payment for complete registrations is expected no later than June 1st, 2013.
- No more registrations will be accepted.
Provide high school students with a fun yet thorough introduction to the exciting field of Computer Science.
The camp will take place during the period of June 10-21, 2013 and the camp will meet daily (M - F) from 9:00-AM to 4:00-PM.
The campers will participate in various activities, ranging from lectures, hands-on projects, and presentations of industrial applications as well as research projects. Current graduate and/or undergraduate students will participate in these activities, making presentations of their own projects.
Students will be taught concepts of computer programming, and a programming language. To maximize learning experience each student will be divided into one of two groups based on interest, technical background, and ability.
Most activities will take place in a College of Engineering and Applied Science computer lab and consist of the following:
- All students will choose a project to complete during the camp.
- To test their understanding, students will be required to write programs implementing the solutions to some simple problems. With this occasion they will be introduced to the two most important concepts in programming: correctness and efficiency of an algorithm.
- All resources necessary to complete this project, computers, software, and extensive help, will be provided by the camp organizers.
- Students entering grades 9th through 12th in Autumn 2013 are eligible to apply
- A maximum of 30 students will be accepted into the camp
- Different levels of material will be offered based on students' preparedness
- Fee: The $285 fee will cover instructional expenses, daily lunch, and snacks. No scholarships will be offered this year.
- Interested applicants must complete the following application steps by May 8th, 2013
- Fill out and submit the online form shown below
- Get the reference letter filled out and sent in by a teacher
- mail the camp fee in time after you are selected for the camp
To apply, fill and submit the following form by May 8th, 2013. Students are required to submit a reference letter filled out and submitted by a teacher. The reference letter should be emailed directly to Anca.Ralescu@uc.edu or Chia.Han@uc.edu .